I'm honored to ask the first questions on the NoVA Assalto Forum. although Keith beat me to the congratulations.
So. Equipment for starting Bolognese:
1. What is the ideal general size for a round buckler? Maximum size?
2. What is the maximum weight for a properly functioning buckler?
3. For an Italian targa (Marozzo wavy buckler), do you have a strong preference for shape? Tapered trapezoid or rectangle? Total size? Depth of waves?
4. I could be wrong, but I think I have seen pictures of different targas with handles oriented in both directions. Right now I can only find examples of the grip where the hollows run perpendicular to the ground when the buckler is held out. Am I remembering wrong, or is there also a style where the hollows run along the arm, with the tapered end forward? Maybe I'm thinking of hand pavises from the Triumph of Max.
5. I'm not loving this design from Windrose -- http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zc/index ... cts_id=335
-- but the price is right. Can you recommend a sub-$100 alternative?
...My Bolognese has a last name...it's D - A - R - D - I...